Red River Valley Junior Academy is located in the Central Elmwood area, approximately five minutes from downtown Winnipeg. We are a Bully Free Zone and report a very low incidence of bullying on our campus.
The Academy houses six classrooms, each computer equipped. Additional facilities include:
- Science Laboratory classroom
- Home Economics Room, complete with three cooking centers, microwave, refrigerator and sewing machines
- Resource Library
- Band Room
- Portable laptop Computer Lab
- Auditorium/Gymnasium suitable for badminton, volleyball, basketball and floor games
- Portable classroom
- Sports facilities, including a baseball diamond, field, outdoor basketball space, and large playground structure
- Physical Education changing rooms with showers and lockers.
Red River Valley Junior Academy is happy to offer a limited bus service for students. The bus follows a single route to pick up and drop off students in the downtown core area. Senior I/II students ride the bus to and from Churchill High School for Industrial Arts classes. The bus is used for small group field trips, as well. Use of the bus is fee based.
Winnipeg Public Transit
RRVJA is easily accessible via Winnipeg Transit bus route #44, bus route #45 and bus route #47 with connections to all parts of the city. Visit Winnipeg Transit homepage for more information.