Red River Junior Valley Academy is one of over 5400 educational institutions owned and operated by the Seventh Day Adventist Church worldwide. A Manitoba Certified Junior/Kindergarten to Grade 10/Senior II school, we believe in providing a safe, supportive learning environment where your child can get the individual attention he or she deserves.
To learn more about what RRVJA can offer, click here or, for information on how to get started, visit our Admissions page.
RRVJA makes it easy to give. We thank all our volunteers and donors who help us provide the best opportunities for our students.
Adventist Christian education arrived in Manitoba in 1906. The first official school in Winnipeg was started in 1924 in the Old English Congregation Church at 290 Bannerman Avenue. The old church was converted into a two-room school with a gymnasium downstairs and the vacant lot next door as a playground.
In September of 1961, the school relocated to 56 Grey Street. During the 1973-74 school year, the school name was changed from The Winnipeg Seventh Day Adventist Junior Academy to Red River Valley Junior Academy.
In 1984, a building committee was formed to plan for a new expansion. The new plans expanded the school from a three-room school to six classrooms, a library and kitchen. With the generous donations of Misses Mary and Georgia Neithercut and the support of the local Adventist community, the project was successfully completed in 1985.
In 2011, a modular classroom was erected on the grounds to meet the growing demand for Seventh Day Adventist Education. The school has existed in this format until this time.
The Academy believes true education is more than the preparation for this life. It not only prepares the student for the joy of service in this world but also for the higher joy of service in the world to come.
“To foster holistic development and provide quality education in a Christ centered environment.”